Thursday, January 19, 2006

why they hate the consumer?

AU announced their fancy pants new music player cell phones today. The coolest model has a 4 gig hard drive attatched. But knowning the music biz like we all should by now, I held out my excitement...correctly.
Alongside the new keitais, they premiered their new music download service for keitais! Which is to say, that it don't matter what you do, that $30 cd of yours is not going into this keitai. There's still no keitai out there that lets you use your own music (I think). Bastards.

They even pretend to sweeten the deal by allowing you to back up your downloaded songs on your computer. Again, knowing what I know, I think that means they've created a non-Mac compatible piece of software that is so invasive of your systems processes that they need not fear you actually being able to "back up" your music to CD. If this were the states, I'm almost sure we'd be looking at Sony Rootkit part 2.

But speaking of Japan not giving a shit about the well being of it's computers... I imagine this country is teeming with viruses on their computers as well.

No comments: