Friday, January 06, 2006

I can see! I can see!

I went to the optometrist yesterday. They made me look at far away things with one eye covered, then close up things with one eye covered. The examined the inside of my eyes, and then took a picture of them. They stuck these weird paper tabs under my eyelids that protruded like 3cm eyelashes, and made me sit for five minutes. They made me try on the worlds ugliest glasses and read for 10 minutes. Then they brought me into a back room and told me that everything seemed fine, and I wouldn't need glasses. My eyes were probably just worn out from computer use. Woo Hoo!

I had been worried because the glasses actually made reading easier. What they did give me instead of glasses is a perscription for "vitamin" eye drops that should help my eyes a bit. Thing is I'm not sure I can get them in. I'm supposed to use them four times a day, but the minute I get the bottle tilted up over my eye, I get really creeped out by it all. The whole concept of eyedrops (and contact lenses) is gross to me.
On the first try, I just missed my eye by a mile...

Update! second try got caught in my eyelashes and didn't go in...

third try was a charm, but every bit as horrific a sensation as I expected. It's like getting hit in the face with a ball... except you know it's coming.

No comments: