Monday, January 16, 2006

T. Adorno: musicologist, philosopher, blogger


I mentioned before that I'm reading Minima Moralia. Today, something struck me about the format of the book. It looks like a blog.

There are single paragraph and longer entries, on a range of topics, without specific cohesion. For example one entry might be be concerned with the practice of psychoanalysis as brainwashing legitimized, while the next would be something like: "remind me to never talk to lindsey agian [sic]. She is such a cunt".

The 150 parts all have numbers (in place of dates) and witty titles like "paysage" and "This side of the pleasure principle" or "Signs that say what you want them to say until they say what some car manufacturer wants them to say".

It's full of complaining, and hell, he even wrote the entries during a hard time in his life (WW2). What's more, his hardcore band even has a myspace page now.

Indeed, he was an emoblogger before his time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Adorno's "Minima Moralia" reminds you specifically of Click Opera, that's because it was a tremendously important book for me when I was about 20. Long before blogs existed!