Friday, January 20, 2006

impulse engines.

You wouldn't believe how well I've handled my money for the last week. Today was payday, though, and my discipline is slipping. Today I bought, on impulse, a pan lid, a 1.5L bottle of coke, an 88yen bag of chips, instant mushroom pasta, powdered cheese pasta sauce, a bottle of water, and a 5 piece "cheese-potato" from DonDon. Not really that bad.

The real money vanished in a different way. I transferred a huge sum of money to my brand new e*trade japan account. It was a strange feeling to look at the screen of the atm and know that if I pushed the "yes" button that my savings would be decimated instantly. I pressed it anyway. I also had to make two seperate transfers, so I had to pay 1260yen in fees... only slightly less than my impulse shopping for the day.

Tomorrow, I steal a page from Mary's book. I'm going to get up early and take a bus out to the Showa Daibutsu. I don't know how it looks covered in snow, but I will soon. I'll try to get some pictures for sharing.

No comments: