Saturday, April 02, 2005

the same way flies drop.

Terri died, Mitch Hedberg died, the Pope's gonna die, and Neil Young's evidentally knocking on the door.

Didn't some guy write:

April is the cruelest month, breeding
lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
memory and desire, stirring
dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
earth in forgetful snow, feeding
a little life with dried tubers.....

or something?

My april is not shaping up to be cruel except for the death of my favorite comedian, and potential death of one of just a few rock legends who matter. In Aomori, the weather warming up is a big damned deal. We can get around again, and it seems worthwhile to smile again. I cut my hair, and bought a chocolate bar today to commemorate a thaw that seeps into the ground and everything else. I also made my life better. I'm not sure how, but I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate, nice site! Looks like you were right about the Pope eh. That photo of you in the tub was quite shocking. I'm sure it will no doubt bring you lots of lady admirers on the Internet.