Sunday, April 17, 2005

good times in store?

I mentioned that at the Asa Chang and Junray show I ran into people I knew. That's only a small part of it though. One of the people I met was a teacher with whom I'll be teaching a lot this year. What's special about that is that it seems that she's pretty informed about music and listens to a lot cool shit, but even better, she has a bunch of friends who do the same.

Now, I'd never say that it really reveals a person's character that much, but I feel a lot closer to people who listen to good music. It's also a crucial element to "how we are cool" these days. A person couldn't really be cool without listening to cool music, and even if they're not otherwise really cool, listening to good music gives quite a few cool bonus points. That is to say, I may well have the chance to meet the (heretofore presumed non-existent) cool kids in Aomori.

In other coolness and nightlife related news, a link. Aomolive.

Until now, the only place I'd seen any sort of worthwhile nightlife guide was Call magazine, but that's a whole different creature, there. Aomolive seems to be a pretty good compendium of what's going on any given weekend in this ken. wai wai.

No comments: