Saturday, April 16, 2005

the web has a hang, and I'm getting it.

So, I've been around on this here internet thing (or prodigy or bbs's or some junk like that) for a long long time now. I remember using "The travelling businessman" or some other silly named bbs back in Colorado Springs in 1991, but things sucked then.

Things suck less now. The web is big and diverse and robust and fast and and. I felt like I was really on good terms with everything a boy should know about the web about 9 years ago, but lately, I'd felt like a one trick pony.

But now I've got a blog that is inexplicably being visited (sadly, I wound up being my own 100th visitor), a flickr site that's being looked at (over 100 views on one of my photos too), a really delicious set of rss feeds, good ratios at all the right torrent sites and now finally, my first torrent upload... it's even all legal stuff that is somewhat hard to find and worth having! I even got my last entry linked by someone who thought I was being lame, and followed the link back to the source via my sitemeter (like a proper 14 year old girl). He was right, I was being lame but.... not entirely. If you're not unhappy with IE don't switch to firefox; that's the moral of that story.

Things are alright on the web. That's not the only place though. Today I went to see the Asa Chang and Junray show (which I posted at upcoming.org incidentally) at the teeny tiny cafe, and met a couple of people I know there. First time since coming here that I've actually done something both cultural and cool. Also wandered around in the warm weather and took a bunch of new pictures today. I'll put them up at the aforementioned flickr site. It's been a good day, and a good couple weeks, on and off the web.

1 comment:

Sören 'chucker' Kuklau said...

Heyho,

just to finish up our convo ;-)

"I even got my last entry linked by someone who thought I was being lame"

I'm sorry for coming off as inflammatory; your original post just sounded rather narrow-minded but I was obviously misjudging you.

"If you're not unhappy with IE don't switch to firefox; that's the moral of that story."

Agreed, of course -- if you're happy and satisfied with what you have, there's no reason to look at alternatives.

*bows and ends guest appearance :-)*