Monday, April 04, 2005

capitalist hair

I was just listening to an audioblog from momus and a few things he said struck me... though maybe it's the ease of the audioblog that I liked the most. Other than that, he really really likes japan, and I figured that that opinion was part of a broad spectrum of positive feelings, but I seem mistaken.
He has a kind of simplistic view of "fascists" and a really deep seated hatred of America. Maybe I do too, but he sounds a lot more sagely when he's talking up japan than when he's talking down poland.
He makes a later quip about "capitalist hair", meaning short, semi-stylish, full of product... and I found that that hit the mark for my hair pretty well. I felt a bit defensive at first... but then ,being me I got sort of reflective about why I feel defensive. I guess I still have a deep resentment of the values that I slowly am taking to heart. I don't really think I'm a dead on the mark capitalist, but I am more about self-preservation than I expected to be at this age.
I think it has a lot to do with being isolated since college. Maybe I'll get back to normal once I have a broader circle of friends.


Oh, and the japanese word for the pope is "roman king of laws" Ro-ma houou. I think it fits in real well with the apparent japanese idea that all religions are true. Basically, having acheived respect and acclaim within some group, even if that group is irrelevant inside japan, means you get a certain defacto respect in japan.

No comments: