Wednesday, April 13, 2005

my blog is bigger than your blog.

Somethings fishy. I'm still getting hits... Though I'm proud to be the 12th (edit: turns out I'm 12, not 2) listing on the whole of google for the term "$30 a week on groceries" (soon to be #1, ladies!), I'm a bit curious what's going on.

Eh, what're ya gonna do?

So, as promised from a while back, my short 感想発表 on "Wrestlemania XXI, WWE Goes to Hollywood". Frickin' awesome. It's got everything. From men's faces buried in one another's crotches (you know how kids will sometimes sit on their parent's shoulders? imagine if the kid turned around, and was a 200lb muscleman in spandex tights and glossy boots), to chugging beer tossed into the ring from an off camera source (or rather pouring it on ones own face), it's all there.

The real highlight was completely outside of the proper "match" context. Eugene, who I dare say is a parody of retarded people, was jumping up and down and biting his finger in glee at being there at wrestlemania when... suddenly... Arabic sounding chanting comes pouring out of the speakers and Muhammad Hassan comes out, dressed in a vaguely islamic looking robe accompanied by Daivari, his manager dressed in a white suit. And that's where things get hairy.

You see Muhammad Hassan is unhappy that he wasn't given a chance to fight in Wrestlemania, and he's gonna make his wrestlemania moment one way or another. When he and his manager start to mercilessly pretend to kick Eugene (who is injured, I neglected to mention), we wonder is all hope lost?

Enter the Hulkster! That's right, blaring over the same loudspeakers comes "I am a real American, fight for the rights of every man. I am a real American, fight for my rights, Fight for what's right!". Hulk Hogan comes into the ring, shrugs off the fake kicks of Hassan and Daivari to preform the classic coconut conk... that is to say, grabbing the two men by the back of their heads and pretending to slam them into one another. After a little more whomping, the arabic characters retreat and Hulk poses for well over 5 minutes.

The man's skin is like copper.

No comments: