Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm a mac fayg.

I am also a power user+ at oink's, but that's beside the point.

It's not my intention to waste a perfectly good blog documenting my switch, but I am amidst the switch now. Or rather, I am in the midst of becoming a mac too guy.
Got everything situated last night; now I just need a bunch of cables and a router to create a happy little computing microcosm. First impression, yeah it's easy, but I don't trust it. It's also a fair bit more powerful than my old piece of shit... but I don't trust it.

I'm not really sure what it is about osx, but somehow, I don't really enjoy just sitting at my computer in the same way I do with windows. It just seems like there's nothing to do. I don't have my bookmarks ported yet; my mp3 drive isn't yet recognized (seems there's a size limit to the ntfs drives that osx can recognize), and I don't even know where to begin to look for all the little necessities like finalspoof... not to mention a heavy resistance to starting over when I've gotten so cozy in my 5 year old os.

the big picture? I think it'll take some settling in time, but I'll grow accustomed to my new digs.

(incidentally, here's a good reason to switch. anyone know much about job's politics?)

No comments: