Friday, March 25, 2005

texas city

You (the imaginary reader) will bear with me... I write these days to try and get back in the habit.

Tonight I'm on course to finish the second of three parts of my current study book. Every bit of studying I do actually feels meaningful still, which makes me wonder if I don't still really suck. Even if I do suck, I'm on the road to crossing over the 2kyuu line by my birthday... which is actually a fair bit better than I had expected.
I've also started reading banana yoshimoto's "kitchen" in Japanese. Can't say that I'm in love with it... but I'm gonna read it through, just to finally clear my first proper japanese writing.

I'm in the midst now of another of my strange profound contentment phases. Phase is something of a misnomer, since it's actually been the norm for a good while.
Except for the panic boredom that took root between getting back from Tokyo and meeting my girlfriend, I've been wholly content and wholly unperturbable almost since I came to Japan. (seems like a good advertisement).

But for the last couple days, I've been peeking at the blogs of people crisscrossing the globe and being cool and artsy, and I feel a little weird. The place I live, there doesn't seem much point on going out on friday, or any other day. Especially lately, I am quite happy to be left alone with the internet, and my studies.
Is that good for me for me?

short answer, yes with an if; long answer, no with a but.

No comments: