Wednesday, March 23, 2005

iTunes only.

Ben Folds - Bitches Ain't Shit. A fine piece of recontextualizing. I was over at neomarxisme for the past 20 minutes or so, so I feel sort of inclined to analyze it deeper than that. Luckily, the (fictional) reader will be spared this time.

Have you seen Omega Man? Like a lot of movies that feel somehow kitschy, I was enthralled with the whole weird early seventies vibe... and before long lost that. For about the first half hour, Charelton Heston cracks one liners about the empty world around him, and then sleeps with a foxy black lady who wears a flowing robe to seduce him. There's zombies too, but they aren't as compelling.
I actually watched it as part of my endeavor to throw shit out. I have this collection of movies that I haven't watched, and just want to watch and dispose of. Tonight will be Wildstyle, and maybe a Noam Chomsky lecture. Oh and "Inside Deep Throat" though it looks like the cam is terribly out of focus.
I made a blog entry for no reason at my myspace page concerning watching a movie a day, and why I feel bloggy lately.

Though speaking of myspace, a friend from college with whom I'd been out of touch invited me to make a profile... a "why not" kind of thing. And yesterday, a current senior at my tiny high-school sent a friend request. She says she was runner up for homecoming queen. I'd kind of forgotten that high school ever happened. It stopped happening 9 years ago, actually. Which is spooky.

No comments: