Friday, April 07, 2006

facial expression, accent, pitch. (choosing my own adventure)



I'm blessed/stuck with another long weekend, and even less money than the last two. So How will I occupy myself for 5 days? Well, studying is job one. But after that, there are a couple of things that I've been meaning to do. I'll probably choose one of these three.

#1, try and improve my karaoke. I don't have enough sense of shame to keep me off of the karaoke stage, but what I even more thoroughly lack is a half-decent voice, or any sense of pitch. I may try and get a handle on how bad my voice is, with the mic I have in house... and see if I can do anything about it.

#2, same thing, but with my japanese accent.

#3, work on those crazy eyes. I'm really self concious about photographs. There's this clear divide in the world of photography subjects between people who know how to look natural for a camera, even when looking at the lens, and people like me. People like me, no matter how natural a face they try to put on, they look nuts...like all the problems in the world are trying to escape through their eyes, and onto flickr.
Since I'm not nuts, I have a feeling that I could learn to make a phony face like everyone else. So maybe I'll take some time with a mirror, and a digital camera to learn how to hide my inner torment.

1 comment:

ネイット said...

the lsat front page is full of people who have a similar problem.
1
3
10