Saturday, September 30, 2006

the last 2/3 of Jpod by Coupland.

Ok, I take it back, the book wound up being fun after all... and I'd like to be able to say that the plot is what helped it to snatch victory from the jaws of mediocrity, but I don't think that was it. It just managed to take some form, and actually start to feel a little more realistic, with the people acting a little more like people, and less like quick character sketches by the mid-point, and then things just shifted gears to a fun, quick, light-on-the-moralizing-but-still-relevant-to-urbanite-wastrels "jaunt".

his gimmicks are still a pain in the dick though, and I'd just as soon see the interstitials removed, espeically given how terrible they sound... they're no good for an audiobook.

Final score, 3.5/5
(because I still don't really dig light reading much)

No comments: