Saturday, September 16, 2006

about that bagel

I'm actually located very very far from the closest decent bagel. My sister was kind enough to drive me down to the local noah's in exchange for a bagel, my treat. Mine was good. She got a raisin bagel, and I naturally suspect that she's suffered some sort of brain damage somewhere down the line.

Since I'm trying not to take America to heart, I've been mostly hiding in my room, reading and listening to audiobooks. Since I got here, I've read Vineland (not good at all) and The Box Man (pretty good, but not really my thing), and a couple of self-helpy audiobooks. Am now in the middle of a lecture series on 20th C European thought, and a biography of Stalin. I've also just started on "Outline of the US Economy" a publication of the US state department... what can I say, I like my civics with a grain of salt.

I'm reading like a man in exile, which is what I am until that visa comes through.

No comments: