Monday, September 04, 2006

"how are you, tokyo?"

tokyo= everything is great.

even without money, without a mess of friends, without a decent piece of furniture to my name, it's all great. I just keep bumping into sublime moments when the world is small and cozy. Whether that's meeting a great group of new people at my job training, speaking german for the first time in years, hopping off the train 4 stops early to get to know the neighborhood, happily waiting for the last train, hearing music again, or just building steam, it's all coming together, and I am where I want to be.

and there's the second earthquake in that last two days. so we've got the risk of death keeping us young and alive too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is exactly how i felt when i first moved to berlin! minus the earthquakes.

Anonymous said...

the risk of death is a fun one, fun to fight against something that you know will eventually win out in the end.

Anonymous said...

glad you're doing well.

i've been listening to Jose Gonzales lately I think you might like it.