Tuesday, June 20, 2006

something is green


something is green
Originally uploaded by notnato.

I'm home sick today for the first time in months. (I think it's no coincidence that I also haven't been going to the gym regularly for about 4 weeks now).

As part of my rehabilitation routine, I decided to download and watch an episode of London Hearts. That episode inspired me to write another blog entry "in defense of Japanese TV", but Firefox seemed to think it was a better idea to crash when I asked for a spell check. Suffice it to say, I like Japanese culture well beyond (and sometimes to the exclusion of) anime and J-pop. Japanese TV reflects some of the deep-seeded human kindness that exists in Japan, the absence of which has long been a theme of literature abou and cultural critique of America.

No comments: