Thursday, June 22, 2006

practice test results, good news.

I have the last of this wave of tests coming up on Sunday. Today, for practice, I took the 2004 version of the test, and actually got a score almost exactly equal to the average (but a point or two below the median). That's the average law-school-aspiring, Japanese-college-educated Japanese person with whom I'm standing sort of shoulder to shoulder.

So yeah, that's the good news.

Then there's some tenatively good news. I think the interview went reasonably well, and I'm pretty sure I was the strongest linguistically of the group. There were thirteen people in total, and I'm told 5 spots to be given away. I'm positive that one of those spots is going to a guy named Eric who's studying at the University of Beijing right now, but I'm optomistic about getting one of the other four. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get it, but I am optomistic. I should know by the end of next week if I made it through this phase.

Then there's the not so good news. The two tests that I took last week were baad. Fortunately, I think a good score on Sunday's test will obviate any need to draw anyone's attention to them.

No comments: