Sunday, June 12, 2005

milan kundera.

I must really snooty. I've been listening to the unbearable lightness of being, but that's not even why I think I'm snooty.

At the beginning of each new "casette" the book title and the name of the author are reintroduced, but the way the author's name is pronounced rilly rilly bugs me. This despite the fact that I have no idea how it's really pronouced.

The reader says something that sounds like millen and then manages to turn all of the vowel sounds in the last name to "schwa"s, effectively making the name sound like cunt minus the T, followed by the derr that has replaced duh in the pop culture and a plain old schwa.

I am snooty enough to make a blog entry about my displeasure with pronunciation of a name I have no idea how to properly pronounce.

No comments: