Saturday, December 31, 2005

year of the stupid dog.




2006. Not only does it lack the phoenetic "ring" of any of the other years so far this millenium, it's the year of the dog. Of the 12 year-animals on the "chinese zodiac" (actually it's a little different in Japan), none is so lame as the dog. Don't believe me, check it for yourself.

2000 - Dragon
2001 - Snake
2002 - Horse
2003 - Ram, Sheep
2004 - Monkey
2005 - Bird
2006 - Stupid Dog
2007 - Pig, Boar
2008 - Mouse, Rat
2009 - Cow, Bull
2010 - Tiger
2011 - Rabbit

Still, I'm gonna try and make something of this lame-o inudoshi. Last year I had a singular goal of passing 1kyuu of the JLPT, and I think I managed it. This year, my singular goal is a little more clear. I want to be living in Tokyo by the end of October, and reasonably well-employed by the end of the year.
The other resolutions for 2006 are a little less concrete. In broad terms, I want to take several aspects of my life from "sufficient" to "good". Targets include, but aren't limited to: Japanese language ability (esp kanji), my body (and health), cooking, housekeeping, writing, budget living...

No comments: