Thursday, December 29, 2005

how to lose money fast!

I've been looking for a long time at putting some money back in the stock market. I was in the market in 2000, when the bubble burst. I lost a couple hundred dollars, but I'm not bitter. So now that I have some money set aside, I figure I might as well get to gambling it on the market...only there's one thing.

The US market is not performing. The Japanese market is. The Nikkei 225 has more than doubled in value since early 2003. But that's not all. Japanese TV is hyping daytrading like crazy... and not the boiler room shirt and tie type, but the lonely housewife type.


I think I'm gonna try to jump into the next bubble while it's still young. Is it still young? Well, I have reason to think so.

There's an awful lot of personal savings being really ill-serviced right now in postal savings accounts with annual returns of 0.02%. Combine those terrible ( one 50th of an average american checking account) returns with the postal privatization on the horizon, and people don't really have an excuse for keeping their savings with the post anymore. (Most people have kept their money with the post for security's sake). So if money's gonna be coming out of savings, there's got to be a whole lot of money going somewhere, right?

This well timed hype, and the impact of koizumi's privatization plan could combine to make a ridiculously hot market.

No comments: