Friday, December 30, 2005

making it worthwhile

I decided to stay home (in my Aomori apartment) for the holidays this year. So I've spent a lot of time on my ass, in front of this screen. I've wasted over a week already, but it hasn't all been a waste. Just look at all the wonderful things I've done.

I figured out what I'm gonna do with my money. (see entry below). I had been leaning stongly on putting it in the US market, but I really think the J markets are going to go crazy for a while.

I learned a little about music theory, via this website. It's gonna take some work to really "get" this stuff. Still, I've wanted to learn an instrument for a while... next year may be a good chance.

I studied some kanji... though not nearly enough. I'd like to take the kanji kentei 3kyuu in June (missed my deadline this) time. I watched a lot of TV too. Trivial as that sounds, I understand virtually everything now, so it's as good a practice as I can get...ot to mention the acculturation effect.

I tried out a few new recipies. I managed to make a decent tamago-don, and a really good soybean and green pea fried rice. Tonight it's my first nabe from scratch. It's supposed to be good as ramen too. Cooking means I saved some cash too... though not really that much between the recipe books and the new nabe pot I bought just now.

There are an awful lot of things that I meant to do that I didn't too, but I'm trying to be positive here.

Tomorrow... resolutions.

No comments: