Tuesday, May 02, 2006

may 2, the last day of this phase...

So, things didn't really go as planned with the application form. I had to revise it a million times, and spent most of the last two days in the office fixing things up, despite being on vacation. This part of the tour really is almost over though. After 3 months of talking about it, the application is ready to fly over the ocean now (or should be within the next 20 minutes). I could only make the complete application when I had built up enough ability and surplus gumption to try and write 2000 characters worth of straight-faced Japanese. No big surprise that it was a real herculean effort, but I am pleasantly surprised to find that the characters really do flow pretty well when I'm writing.

What remains to be seen is how well and how long I can keep up the good work. If the next twelve months are anything like the last, I'll...

*****(stopped writing, picking up 3 days later)****

(ahem) if the next twelve months are anything like the last, I should really get a grip on this language. Though the earliest indicators seem to say that it's not gonna be so simple keeping my resolve.
The good weather yesterday (best so far this year) was irresistable... so was the desire to clean my desk. All of the studying I got done was finished by 10am. Today's a holiday too, Childrens Day to be exact. Maybe it will be a better day for studying.

No comments: