Wednesday, September 14, 2005

your mom dresses you funny.

There are two kinds of bad English in Japan. Incorrect english seems to be all the rage these days on the internet, but the other sort, inappropriate but correct English can be three times as funny.

I feel sort of bad about posting this on the internet, but I had a student yesterday who was wearing the 2nd worst example of proper English on a T-shirt I've ever seen. How bad? Judge for yourself.

Poor kid doesn't know... however even though I explained the meaning to him and to his teachers, no one thought that much of it.

By the way, the worst of the proper English t-shirts was for young women, and read: "And every present you give me gets me dripping like a honeycomb".

(gomen. I don't write the things, I just report 'em)

No comments: