Tuesday, July 19, 2005

street level

Hey, whoever it is that's reading my journal, I'm sorry for not posting more often.

This is my sixty somethingth post, but lately they are few and far between, with not much in the way of content. That reflects a few of the good changes in my life lately, actually. Summer's got me out of the house, seeing friends studying and doing most of the things I should, and my progress with the language has me watching regular japanese tv more.

Thanks to my improved japanese and the good weather, I am finding myself quite in love with japan, quirks and all. I doubt you read marxy and momus, but if you do, you might know what I mean when I say I'm starting to think that marxy really knows japan, and loves it for all of its flaws, whereas momus picks and chooses the good stuff and declares japan near-perfect and would not enjoy the real thing at all.
Marxy and I have married japan, and we have our differences. Momus rents japan by the hour and thinks it's excellent.

(actually, I haven't married japan until the jet program ends and I'm still here)

No comments: