Thursday, May 26, 2005

none of the above.

Hiya hiya.
So, I'm still happy to be writing this blog, but I don't really think it's of use to anyone to hear me alternately complain about and praise the weather and japan. I'm not sure what else I would do with it though.

if I were to write about my daily life, you (the reader) would get really bored really fast. I actually have resolved lately to try to spend at least two hours daily from 4pm until midnight NOT in front of my computer. I have failed each of the first three attempts.
Its not that I hate my computer, or that I'm bored. Quite the contrary. The internet is a big enough place to play forever, and if I am ever looking for something to do (which I always am) there's a little white box with an apple drawn on it beckoning me.

If I were to write about my fields of expertise... well, I don't really have that much expertise. I know more about piracy and the japanese language than the average english speaker, to be sure, but neither is a really compelling subject for daily or weekly updates.

Instead, I write about this blog. which is super dumm.

********************************************************************************

Yesterday, for the first time since August 2003, I wrote a little "state of the nate" letter to the four members of my family who have email addresses. If you don't have any rugrats dirtying up your house, that kind of letter can sound really really self important. (unlike everything else I write)... I couldn't avoid writing a little bit about the weather in that letter either. Incidentally, it's a little sprinkly today, and the roads are wet, so the cars driving by make much more noise. the weathers a bit glum, but I am genki pie.

No comments: