Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ahhh. That was good. There's a party going on down at the park, or rather a matsuri. Consequentally, there's tons of the japanese equivalent of carnival booths... except the focus is mostly food. So I went there for dinner.

I had a tako yaki, miso konnyaku on a stick, corn on the cob, and a chocolate covered banana on a stick. This festival was a little shy on sweets, though not at all shy on "on a stick" foods.

Today, I spent most of the day working on the mac. I've beaten it into submission well enough now that I'm coming around a bit. There are some things about it that I really do like. Maybe the nicest thing right now is the nostalgia factor. All the piracy is done with simple serial numbers. I've got a bunch of little programs to carry out the tasks I need, and even a little serial number keeper that gets monthly updates. It's like I'm 18 again.

Moving to a new computer is more time consuming than moving to a new apartment (or country?).

So, my desk is neat; I have skype running well (lemme know if you wanna talk); the ford is in his fliver; and my iPod seems happier already.

No comments: