Friday, June 22, 2007

anzen


anzen, originally uploaded by notnato.

ahem. I like this blue.

and that scoundrel with the eyepatch has gotten me thinking about how I spend my days... and nights. What's worse than writing this blog about how I'm writing a blog, and not doing something more fun?

Recently, I've been bouncing the numbers around, and thinking about what's going to change with the new job... except that that's a lie. I've been bouncing the numbers around for months and months, if not years, thinking that some new horizon will be open by this new trickle of cash. I imagine I'm not the only one who does it, but I'm pretty sure it's a symptom of a deeper anxiety about money. I earn plenty now, and I'll be earning more soon. I just need to really convince myself of that.
Until I do convince myself, I've been trying to trick myself into thinking around the money. So I asked myself a question. What if I had all the money I could use? How would I be spending my time?

Honestly, the only thing I could come up with was sex.

I'm not sure if I should be upset about that, and try to expand my horizons post-haste, or if it really is what I want.

If the latter is the case, why am I NOT out there doing something about that?

If the former, how do you even get interested in new things at this age?

No comments: