Wednesday, November 09, 2005

retired pants, the fuzz

I'm really not into writing about japan right now... so I'm probably not going to write anything anyone will think is interesting for while. But in very uninteresting news... Tomorrow, I will retire my trusty dark blue, striped suit. My rough and ready wallet, and bike riding made a couple of holes in the butt, so I had to buy a new suit... or two.
From friday on, it's gray pinstriped winter wool, and/or brownish gray regular weight. If these two survive as much abuse as the last one, I'll be quite happy.

And the school I'm at this week is so bad. Cops were called in, though I couldn't really figure out why. No good high school age kids fucking with the junior high kids I think. Though there are so many fights there, and bullying to the point of injury (saw 1 kid get hurt, saw the aftermath of another). I read in this poll (via marxy) that only 17% of japanese women are concerned about education. I'm surprised, but it does fit in with my experience. I'm sort of disappointed in a lot of parents I've encountered, or parents whose kids I've had to deal with. I could elaborate, but it's really just a feeling. I've met a couple of parents I think are really great too (both at my work).

No comments: