Saturday, January 12, 2008

10 things of 2008

These are more for me than you, dear reader.

1: Run like hell:
I'm shooting for a 10k time of 40:00, a mile time of 5:10, and I hope to just plain run the distance of a marathon without stopping.
2: Push/Pull weight:
I kind of accomplished my goal of bench pressing my own body weight ten times, this year, I'm gonna shoot for 90kg x10. And 10 pull-ups.
3: Write right:
Pass pre level 2 of the Kanji Kentei.
4: I like tests:
I haven't yet decided whether to shoot for a high score on the JTest or the Japanese Business Tests. Will change this when I have decided.
5: Search for Truth, in wine:
Yeah, I can't stand wine. I managed to learn to drink beer and coffee in the last year, now to slay the last of those demons.
6: Reading books, like on paper (english version)
I'm too old to read as little as I do. I'm working on a list of 10 english language books to read this year. So far, I have: Mason Dixon and Against the Day from Pynchon; The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money from Keynes; Demons and Dogs; The Odysee and the Illiad; Ulysees from Joyce; a book on japanese laws I happen to own, entitled "Japanese Law"; and three additional books: one major work of a living philosopher, one more serious book on Japan, and one self improvement/management book of reasonable repute.
7: Reading books, like on paper (Japanese version)
This is probably my the gap in my studies thus far. I've chosen three of the books already, Tsugaru from Dazai, Kokka no Hinkaku (from that math prof guy), and something something Nearly Transparent Blue from Murakami Ryu. For the remainder, I've chosen what kind of stuff to read moreso than what specific books to read: 1 more by dazai, 1 by murakami haruki, 2 by mishima, a non-fiction book on the economic stratification of japan, something with a bunch of slang, and something dirty.
8,9,10: workmoneyfun
The last three relate to private stuff.

No comments: