Saturday, December 30, 2006

life is a checklist! ride with me.

Maslow, that son of a russian jew, proposed long long ago that humans had a heiarchy of needs. Regardless of the dubiousness of his little pyramid, it made its way into my intro psych class, and consequently into the vaunted "long term memory".
I bring it up because of the wonderful security I feel gazing at that huge pot of curry in my kitchen, and the growing stockpile of dry and canned goods I've begun to amass. Observe:



Down there at the bottom, you'll see breathing (check), water, food, sex, sleep, homeostasis, and excretion. Sex has been sorely lacking for a good long while now, but this is one that I can find the power to take in my own hands. To tell the awful truth, at the moment I don't really feel driven to leave the house and meet people, so a lady back in Aomori who's very nice but not the prettiest and isn't that important to me is fine for now. It's not very demanding and I won't be getting laid as long as I'm dirt poor anyway. Eventually I'd like a new ladyfriend, but right now, I've got other pressing matters like money, studies, and getting used to my new life. However, it wasn't until today that I really felt like I had a lock on the food thing.
Security of body (check)
employment, resources (eh)
of morality (huh?)
of the family (no, actually)
of health, property (check)

I, and pretty much everyone else are entirely dismissive of this thing as a rigid model. Even so, I guess I'm gonna have to get started making friends, and getting sexually intimate before long. Oh bother.

No comments: