Monday, October 09, 2006

whats stranger than strange

Time's up.
Early tomorrow morning, I'll be getting on a train toward the airport. Leaving is a lot stranger than being here ever was. Because my folks are out of town for a couple of days, they won't be there to see me off. So it's just me silently creepin out of the house in the early morning, never to come back. Well not for a year or so, at least.
But really, it is like I won't be coming back. Thanks to some logistical things I've taken care of during this trip, and things that I'll be solving when I get back to Tokyo, several little threads that had bound me tightly to the parents are finally cut. For the forseeable future, even if I do come back here, it won't be back to the same place. This is sort of a farewell to indolence and immaturity and hello to owning a bed outright (for the first time!).

What's really strange though is washing the dishes and doing my laundry in silence, in American suburbia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish you a good depature and all the best for a fresh start.