Friday, July 21, 2006

I am a customer service nightmare.

I just had the funniest conversation with a customer service...

Imagine that you're going about your business being a Japanese person with a head set on, and a foreigner with occaisionally dodgy Japanese calls up... if you've imagined with any veracity, you're already shaking in your medium-high heels. This foreigner is going to be leaving the country and coming back and wants to know if he will need to close his account. The rules are pretty clear, and say "YES" this foreign customer will need to close his account if he's not resident in Japan.
Then the foreigner gets shady. He notes that he hasn't yet told you his account number, and begins to ask questions about whether his address and whereabouts would be verified if he were to simply leave this unknown account open...

That's right, I got help bending the rules! The conversation proceeded in fits and starts, but I actually got all the information I needed to know before she started getting insistent about my account number. At that point I said I'd rather not share that and that I was quite satisfied already before hanging up. I win!

No comments: