Sunday, January 21, 2007

this is me

this is what I look like when I've just finished reading the longest book I've ever read. It's what I look like when that book was in Japanese, and was by turns convoluted, boring and depressing. It's what I look like when I am thinking about my initials being intentionally selected as NAM to match the first syllable of nam myoho renge kyou, and about how Japan was related to my father's dreams in 1979 and how it's related to my dreams today.

It's how I look when I know the first and hardest chapter of my time in Tokyo is over, and when I'm starting to feel proud of myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your book! Was it Underground? If it was, that's a huge accomplishment. And by the way, you write a really great blog. Keep up all the hard work.

ネイット said...

thanks

it was "the wind up bird chronicles", but it turns out the english language edition isn't as long as some other books I've read.